Timescales for the next round of applications for emergency childcare:-
Applications for emergency childcare for the week commencing 1st June will be going live on the Council’s website from 8am this coming Sunday (24th May).
- Parents / carers have until 11:59pm on Tuesday 26th May to apply, therefore, we need to get the message out asap on Sunday that the applications are open.
- Applications received after the deadline will take longer to process and will result in a delay to the availability of a place.
2. The number of hubs offering emergency childcare is increasing from 13 to 25 - please see the Council’s website and the application forms for the full list of emergency childcare hubs.
3. People who must apply:-
- Key / essential workers must re-apply weekly, as requirements / shift patterns etc. change regularly and we need to ensure the numbers of applications / hub attendees are as accurate as possible so that the hubs can be staffed appropriately.
- Parents / carers of vulnerable learners and parents / carers of special school pupils who are already attending an emergency childcare setting do not need to formally re-apply via the website, but must let their setting know if they will be attending during the Whitsun half term week, so that accurate numbers will be known for staffing purposes.
- Any parents / carers of vulnerable learners and parents / carers of special school pupils who are not currently attending one of the hubs must make an initial application for a place and complete the appropriate registration documents.