Parent information for the week commencing 29th June 2020
Hello everyone, welcome back to school information for you all. We have all missed the children so much and can’t wait to see them again.
School will begin on the week commencing Monday 29th June. Your child’s class teacher will have told you the day your child is set to return.
- KS 2 children return 9:15 and finish at 1:45
- Foundation phase start 9:30 and finish at 1:30
- Hub children can access the hub from 8 till 5 but children who have applied can use this service. If your shifts mean you don’t need to access the full session, let the hub leader know as you will have to state a time to collect children.
- Pupils’ temperature will be taken on entry to school.
- All pupils need a packed lunch, a drink in a water bottle and a piece of fruit- in a container which can be washed or a sandwich bag which can be thrown away- as fruit and milk will be unavailable from school at this time. Children accessing the hub for a full day will need a snack for breakfast and tea.
- There is no breakfast club provision or hot school meals for any pupils. If your child is eligible for free school meals a packed lunch is provided in school.
- Sun cream needs to be applied before school if the weather is warm and a sun hat provided as we will be accessing the outdoor area as much as possible in timetabled ‘bubbles’.
- Hygiene and social distancing will be of a high priority.
- Children will need to follow the signs as directed in school. The class teachers will talk to the children about this, but it is a conversation you could have with your child too.
- Class teachers and Mrs Davies should be contacted via phone if necessary.
- If you have changed your phone number, please inform the school as we will need to contact you if your child is ill.
Start of the day.
- Children will access the school through specific gates. A member of staff will direct you. No parent needs to be in the school yard.
- Hub children will enter through the nursery gate.
- Mrs Donovan’s class will enter by the gate leading to her class.
- Mrs Evans’ class will enter at the top double gate.
- Mrs Martin’s class will enter by Mrs Davies’ Office.
- All KS2 children will enter at the bottom gate. Staff will be there to direct them to their entry point within school.
- Children will then line up, have their temperature taken and then sanitise their hands on entry to class.
- They will then sit at their desks with their resources for them to access.
- Playtimes will be staggered.
- Toilet access will be 1 child in 1 child out.
- Children will wash their hands and sanitise on entry to class and wash and sanitise hands regularly.
- Packed lunches will be eaten in classrooms with the class teacher.
- Areas will be cleaned throughout the day.
- At the end of the day- rooms accessed by children, equipment and devices will be cleaned for the next day.