Croeso i Dosbarth Aur
Welcome to our class page. Here you will find details of our topic and tips to help you.
In Dosbarth Aur we work hard but also have lots of fun!
Homework is sent home each Monday to be returned the following Monday. Spelling words are also sent home to learn for test on Friday. Keep working on times tables too!
It is also important to read at home....any book, comic or magazine. Reading is all around us. If we can't read, it stops us doing lots of things!
* PE is on Monday- it is swimming this term at Maerdy Pool, please remember kit. It is very important for each child to go swimming!
Please make sure that you are connected to Class Dojo. I will keep you updated of what we are doing in class and how well your child is doing in school.
Please could you help your child learn their times tables at home. It is a target we are also working on at school.
Spring Term 2019
Our topic this term is "Bend and Flow". It is a geography based topic where the children will learn about....
rivers, rainfall, soils and the impact of water on the local community and communities. At the heart of this project the children will learn to write poetry on a rivers theme and develop additional skills in persuasive and report writing.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by presenting a case for or against the building of a housing development near a river site.
In this project the children will learn:
• About significant rivers of Wales;
• To use a range of geographical skills to investigate the physical features of rivers, including the water cycle, and to consider the impact these features might have on the landscape over time and
in specific locations;
• To develop investigative fieldwork skills;
• To use ICT and other sources to find, record and present information;
• To respond to a stimulus in a creative way, developing skills in the expressive arts;
• To write poetry on a theme using descriptive and expressive vocabulary;
• To present a balanced argument, based on factual information.
PE this term will be on Friday afternoon with Mrs Mason. Pupils will need PE kit- t-shirt, shorts/leggings and trainers.
Our topic this term is Heroes and Villains. PE will be on Friday afternoon and will be sports and games. Children will need shorts or joggers, a t-shirt and trainers.
This project has a history focus and teaches children about heroes and villains from different periods of history, their motives, their beliefs and the ways in which they changed the world. At the heart of this project children write persuasively in the form of reports and letters, and additional skills in writing biographies and speeches.
In this project the children will learn:
• How to research using a range of historical source materials including ICT and the media;
• The chronological order of a range of significant people throughout history and about the times in which they lived and how this influenced them;
• About a range of influential historical figures and about their beliefs and actions;
• About contemporary heroes and villains;
• How to write in a range of forms to persuade people;
• Why laws and social change comes about from the impact of heroes and villains;
• How to perform an influential speech.
Dosbarth Aur on Christmas Jumper Day 2017
St. David's Day Tasks for the Eisteddfod
At school - handwriting and colouring.
Home tasks- Welsh Cakes to be tasted and judged by Mr. Davies.
Art and Craft- either 2D or 3D. The theme is...,
"Everyday when I wake up, I thank the Lord I'm Welsh!"
Welsh Research- each child has selected a Welsh personality. They have to research in depth- date of birth, place of birth, famous for etc. Pictures and images may be used to enhance the work. ALL WORK MUST BE HANDWRITTEN NOT WORD PROCESSED!
World Book Day 2nd March....
We are reading "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"as part of our topic. We are going to combine World Book Day with our topic and dress up as witches, wizards or scientists and have a science day making potions, slime etc.
Potions' Day in Dosbarth Aur 2018
We had a great day, everyone dressed up and had fun making potions!
SUMMER TERM 2018
Our topic for this term is "What a Wonderful World!"