Our Motto: TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More)
Our Vision Statement
Pontygwaith Primary School is a community that puts well-being at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to providing an education of excellence for academic and personal success where everyone works together in a safe and supportive learning environment in which adults and children strive to fulfil their potential.
Our School Aims
Pontygwaith Primary School aims to develop our pupils as:
- Ambitious, capable learners, ready to learn throughout their lives
- Enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work
- Ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world
- Healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society
We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing an emotionally and physically safe learning environment based on equality, fairness and mutual respect.
- Providing an inspiring and challenging curriculum that reflects our context and meets the needs of every pupil ensuring they reach their full potential academically, creatively, personally, socially and emotionally.
- Using a range of teaching strategies, through emerging technologies, to prepare our pupils for life in the 21st century, with a focus on developing their Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competency.
- Developing a life-long love of learning that empowers our pupils to have high expectations of themselves and the motivation to fulfil their potential and live a successful life
- Recognising strengths and talents and celebrating achievements so that everyone feels valued and has a sense of identity and pride in the school
- Developing positive partnerships where staff, children, parents, governors and the community work together to actively develop our shared vision.
- Promoting awareness that we are part of a wider community and have a responsibility to the positive progress of that community, not only for ourselves but for future generations.
Ethos and Values
We believe the most effective way of achieving these aims is through the promotion of: enquiry and curiosity, enthusiasm and challenge, sharing and learning together, the acceptance and embracing of differences, openness, self-respect and persistence.
Our school aims to be inclusive. We want our children to feel welcomed, happy and fulfilled. We recognise that all children are different and that these differences create opportunities for adults and children alike to learn more about ourselves and each other. Helping children to develop good attitudes and values is an important feature of our work. If a child has a disability they will be treated no less favourably than other children. We will make reasonable adjustments to ensure that pupils with disabilities are not placed at a substantial disadvantage. Our accessibility plan describes the arrangement we have already made and the further proposals planned to improve physical access to the school, curriculum and to written information.
In order for an effective working partnership between home and school to take place, we anticipate parents will want to:-